Firefighters responded to a report of a house fire at 48 Pearson St this morning. Upon arrival, crews found a smoke condition in the basement and fire coming from an electrical panel. The fire was quickly knocked down with a dry chemical fire extinguisher and National Grid was requested to disconnect the power from the house. Fire crews used thermal imaging cameras to check for fire extension finding that the fire had been confined to the area in the basement around the electrical panel. The fire did cause significant damage to the home's electrical system and all occupants of the home were displaced until repairs could be made. No one was injured as a result of the fire.
The month of December has been busy so far with crews responding to chimney fires, car fires, serious injury motor vehicle accidents and conducting training. Let's hope the month slows down a little.